As each pond differs in equipment, many work items are not required. Each pond is cared for based on its own construction/equipment type.
Testing of Ph, Nitrite, Nitrate, Ammonia, alkalinity etc. is not necessary during this program of a full cleanout. A full testing is performed and documented during Maintenance Services.
During this service we customize a “Pond-Care-Package” of the required treatment that you will need throughout the year for optimum water balance and pond health. i.e. beneficial bacteria, algae treatments, fall netting, etc.
Let us know before hand if you wish for us to bring out plants, fish, preferred pond treatments, etc., That Is what we are here for! U name it!!
Scope Of Work includes the following work items:
- Unplug entire system, i.e. pumps, filters, UV lights etc.
- Drain one half of the water from the pond to hold enough water to support all fish for the duration of the cleaning. (Our containers range in size from 100 gallon to 1400 gallon tanks. Sizing depends on the amount of fish you have, as well as the amount of water we need to ensure proper acclimation of the fish back into the pond.)
- All fish and aquatic life are stored in these troughs with bio-filters and aerators and covers.
- Add electrolytes to troughs to reduce stress on fish.
- Remove all plants, and store in separate water troughs until completion. Bare root plants shall be worked around accordingly.
- Remove remaining water. Since this water is of such high nutrient content, most customers ask us to disperse it over their gardens or landscape beds for fertilization. Please request.
- Remove all accumulation of debris within pond basin, streambed and bog area (sludge, decayed plant material, dirt etc.)
- Pressure wash all stone and liner within pond, waterfall stone, stream bed and bog area.
- Stone and liner shall be free of all debris, algae etc.
- Any liner exposed, due to stones that may have shifted, fallen in during the winter months shall be recovered with the stone units.
- Remove pumps and clean thoroughly, flush tubing free of sludge accumulation, and clean pump cages.
- Clean and condition pumps thoroughly, changing oil, rubber gaskets etc. as needed .
- Remove all pads from filters and skimmers and clean components completely.
- Replace any filter fabric as needed, recommended every two years.
- Reset all pumps and filters filter pads. Change ultraviolet bulbs.
- Clean submersible light covers and ensure against leakage.
- Remove all dead foliage from existing plants.
- Add water to original level. We utilize a meter to gauge the total gallons of your pond when filling. That way we are accurate in measuring when treating the pond through out the year.
- Treat water free of chlorine, chloramines, heavy metals etc.
- Addition of “Live” Beneficial Bacteria to eliminate break-in period. (versus 4-6 weeks with other liquid / dry formulas)
- Addition of Pond salt as needed.
- Fertilize all plants and divide if needed.
- Slowly acclimate fish and aquatic life back into the pond.
- Set plants back into the original configuration.
- Start all pumps, lights, filters etc.
- Add additional plants and aquatic life to pond per client specifications.
- Make changes or additions to pond per client specification.