- You have more pictures of your pond than of your children and family.
- You started out with 1 pump and now have 4 pumps and the flow still isn’t good enough.
- You started out with a small preform tub garden and now have 2 ponds that are still not big enough.
- You stay up late at night “tweaking” the waterfall even if it means bringing out the portable lamp.
- You remember the names of your fish but are tongue-tied at family reunions.
- You repeat in your sleep… It’s still not deep enough… it’s still not deep enou…
- You load up the car with rocks from “Up-North” or from scanning the fields, that HAVE to be around the pond.
- You keep buying pond plants…when there is really no more room in the pond.
- You saw a “Have to Have” fish while on a garden tour and beg on hands and knees to the homeowner that you cannot and will not leave without i… reminds me of the movie “what about bob”?
- You rally up all the kids in the neighborhood and have them take an OATH that they will in fact feed the fish a specific amount of food at specific times of the day while you leave for vacation.
- You take off work or spend all Saturday to drive 100 miles to save $40.00 in shipping costs for pond products… Then it became apparent that it takes 5 minutes to order online and the products are at my house in a day or so. I calculated it, and I spent more time and gas on the road. Now I have more time to spend “tinkering” and enjoying my pond! Do the same! Save gas and time.
- You built your pond, redid it, redid it again, and now have plans for the next rebuild.
- You have several “NO FISHING SIGNS” around the pond.
- You used your generator during the blackout in August of 2003? to run your pond and sacrificed all food in the freezer and fridge.
- That one single leaf at the bottom of the pond drives you freaking crazy!
- You keep buying fish to the point its so overstocked that you have to break the news to your spouse that you have to have a bigger pond. Plans are in the Works!
- Your pond is immaculate and your vacuum cleaner is collecting dust.
Closing… Well as you have read, I am a watergarden addict. I continue to add these phrases as I hear & see the funny things pond owners do and tell me. I will be the first to admit that I am right there with them!
If you can relate, then come join our crazy club. It’s free and you’re under no obligation than to just enjoy you pond, and accept the“multi-dimensional” person it makes you become!